The central intent of the Federation is to develop and help implement a strategy, for transferring as much as possible of the freight/goods being moved within the urban environment in Europe, from motorised vehicles to bicycles/trikes/quads/HPV’s and/or electrically-assisted (pedelec) cycles/trikes. In addition it will support any business or social enterprise which uses or intends to use a bicycle to deliver its operations or services.
We will use the strength and diversity of the Federation membership:
- To help shape the future of urban freight mobility and the use of cycles for delivering services
- To support existing cycle logistics operations and new businesses/social enterprises
- To engage with various national and local authorities and other relevant stakeholders to help to deliver our aims and objectives
- To utilise online communications to promote or encourage our work
- To co-operate with and commission research and educational programmes to clarify and develop our aims and objectives
- To explore partnerships with bodies supportive of our aims and objectives.